My reflection in Q3

The first thing we did, which was a step toward


carrying out our community-based study, was that I called my group members and we each chose two distinct categories to do the research. Following the draw, everyone is prepared to contribute to research. We have already decided to perform the investigation on Calle Crisologo in Vigan City since there are many garments and crafts, and our major aim is the Abel Iloko. We also determined that on March 2, 2024, we would do the research. 

                                         

We`ve been seeking for someone who can assist and answer our queries. So, we went to several local merchants. We went to few places and were astonished that our own clothes and crafts were so beautiful, but sadly they had the same replies when we questioned if there were more people selling and manufacturing Abel iloko, and their answer was that there were so few people making it, which made it sad.


These are a variety of Abel things, including shirts, dish mats, centerpiece


s, blankets, and towels. It also has a variety of Vigan crafts, such hats made of fir trees, baskets made of rattan, wooden crafts, plates, cups, and utensils. However, we were disappointed to hear that not many individuals actually make these things. It was also revealed to us that a few of them were from Baguio and Manila.


   In summary, I can state that the study was effectively completed, and I am glad to be part of this group despite all the having terrific experience performing the research. I`m hoping the government would take notice and show gratitude to the Abel makers and local artisans in Vigan City. Additionally, I would want to express my gratitude to my colleagues for their involvement in our study and assistance. I hope that future generations will continue to support the individuals who produce our huge Abel Iloko and other local crafts, and that their numbers will not decrease.



Comments

Popular Posts